1. “If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.”
Persistency only gets you so far. Even the most persistent among us can hit walls. The key to reaching your fitness success is consistency. You need to consistently exercise & eat healthy each day, each week, each month, & each year to get the results you deserve. The most successful among us combine both persistency & consistency into a single package of awesomeness.
2. “Giving up on your goal because of one setback if like slashing your other three tires because you got one flat.”
Setbacks happen to the best of us. Even our heroes. Even those that seem the most successful. The key is to not let setbacks cause you to quit. Never give up on your goals. A setback is minor in the scheme of things, even when it feels major. Keep chugging along & you will get there.
3. “If you want to get fit, you have to give away only one thing: your excuses.”
Excuses don’t help anything. Yet it is very hard to let them go. It is a natural human reaction to make excuses for things that we find difficult. If you hope to get fit, then you have to give away your excuses. Hold yourself accountable. Only you can earn the body that you deserve.
4. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
Doubt can cause you to not even attempt something. When you don’t even attempt to accomplish a goal, there is no way you can ever achieve it. On the other hand, working towards a goal does not always guarantee success. But it does far more often than not ever trying. If you are going to fail, at least give it your very best shot.
5. “Anyone can work out for an hour, but to control what goes on your plate the other 23 hours…now, that’s hard work!”
I like this quote because it shows just how important nutrition is. Exercise can only get you so far. You need to control what you eat, for each & every meal, if you ever hope to achieve fitness success. Sure, it’s a mental game. Sure, you will slip up & cave in at some point. But look at the big picture, do your best, & focus on eating better every single day.